- A big ‘thank you’ to Dale, who was instrumental in helping us secure a mortgage with Halifax. Even with barely 2 years of accounts, Dale provided a first-class service and ensured we quickly received the right mortgage for our situation. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending CMME to friends and colleagues in the contracting world who are looking for a no-hassle mortgage solution. Cheers!Dave, December 2014
- Thanks Dan! You guys are awesome. Seriously, Contractor Mortgages has completely changed our lives! All the best,Cyd, December 2014
- My advisor was Ben Leek, and I couldn't recommend him highly enough. I had a bit of a bumpy road to buying a flat, and Ben was professional, friendly and reassuring, he managed to take a good deal of stress out of the whole affair. Please thank Ben for me, and thanks for the service, I will recommend you to my fellow contractors should they need a mortgage.Steve, December 2014
- Dear Steve, I wished to write to you as I understand that you are the manager of Matthew Long and I wanted to advise you of the excellent advise and service I have received from Matthew. I will gladly recommend Contractor Mortgages Made Easy based on my experience with Matthew. He has been patient, thorough and reliable throughout what has been a rather long-winded mortgage application process. Happy New Year and kind regards,Leah, January 2015
- My family and I would like to extend our sincerest thanks and appreciation to Polly and everyone at Contractor Mortgages for helping us with the purchase of our new home. The professionalism and support shown throughout the process has been remarkable and worthy of praise. I would recommend the service to all contractors who are in need of specialist and efficient mortgage support.Felix, January 2015
Frequently asked questions
The rate you can obtain on your mortgage is no different to the rates that are available to any other employed or self-employed individuals. Prior to these products being launched many contractors were reliant on self- certified mortgages, where they paid a higher rate and higher fees.
Not every lender is contractor-friendly, however a growing number are. These include well known High Street names such as the Lloyds Banking Group, Clydesdale Bank, Barclays, Nationwide, Virgin Money (previously known as Northern Rock), Natwest and numerous smaller building societies.
These products are no different to any other mortgage in terms of pricing. The difference is how the lender will assess the application. Lenders will not look at traditional forms of income assessment but rather channel the application towards bespoke underwriting criteria specifically available for the contractor and freelancer community.
Each application is assessed on an individual basis, but the broad criteria is as follows:
1) There must be a current contract in place 2) Continuity should be provable in the type of work being done 3) Borrowers new to contracting are acceptable. 4) Income can be defined via annualised contract rate