- Hi Mark, Hi Elizabeth, I just wanted to write you both a note to say thank you from myself and my family – we moved into the house on 4th August and couldn’t be happier, many thanks to you both for making it possible for us to finally own our own house again!Peter, September 2014
- I was given a great service by Olivia Harland and I was delighted with the service from Contractor Mortgages Made Easy.Shaun, September 2014
- Hi Steve, You will be pleased to know that we finally completed on our house yesterday, thank you so much for helping us through all of that, it was great to work with you and you made everything quite straight forward which helped a lot. Thanks again.Paul, September 2014
- I found Ben Leek and Dominic Stampfer very helpful and they took on board the urgency of our situation and worked hard to achieve the best outcome for us in what seems to be record time I would not hesitate to recommend CMME, and specifically the two individuals named above.Zufrila, September 2014
- Hi Steve, I got the keys. I am checking out the place tonight and the first mortgage payment will happen on the 01/10. Thank you for your invaluable help with the process. Best Regards.Peter, September 2014
Frequently asked questions
The rate you can obtain on your mortgage is no different to the rates that are available to any other employed or self-employed individuals. Prior to these products being launched many contractors were reliant on self- certified mortgages, where they paid a higher rate and higher fees.
Not every lender is contractor-friendly, however a growing number are. These include well known High Street names such as the Lloyds Banking Group, Clydesdale Bank, Barclays, Nationwide, Virgin Money (previously known as Northern Rock), Natwest and numerous smaller building societies.
These products are no different to any other mortgage in terms of pricing. The difference is how the lender will assess the application. Lenders will not look at traditional forms of income assessment but rather channel the application towards bespoke underwriting criteria specifically available for the contractor and freelancer community.
Each application is assessed on an individual basis, but the broad criteria is as follows:
1) There must be a current contract in place 2) Continuity should be provable in the type of work being done 3) Borrowers new to contracting are acceptable. 4) Income can be defined via annualised contract rate